SMART needs people with all types of skills, expertise, and resources. We are looking for volunteers to assist with animal sheltering, veterinary care, animal search and rescue, animal control as well as administrative duties during and after severe weather emergencies or any disaster situation where animal care is needed.
Requirements for joining SMART and being eligible for SMART trainings and deployment include the following:
1. Completion of two web based FEMA courses: Introduction to Incident Command System IS 100.b http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b and National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction IS 700.a http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/courseOverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a .
2. Completion of SMART’s 2 step application. Part 1 can be reviewed below and filled in and submitted once FEMA courses have been completed and certificates are available for upload. Part 2 covers emergency contact information, vaccine history, code of conduct and liability release. A link for part 2 of the application will be sent via email after part 1 is accepted into the SMART database.
3. Submission of a Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Form.
4. Completion of a SMART Orientation course. Courses will be offered several times a year.
5. A current tetanus vaccine is required for trainings and deployment. Rabies pre-exposure, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines are strongly advised.
6. Personal health insurance is required for trainings and deployment.
7. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
All Volunteers, Please click Here to View the CORI instructions prior to filling out the volunteer form.
Please consider joining our team of trained responders and be prepared to assist when SMART resources are needed. Thank You.